Be a part of the story

Marjorie Gelb Jones ’62

Marjorie Gelb Jones ’62President, Class of ’62
Author, Frances Yates and the Hermetic Tradition (Ibis Press, 2008)
Retired professor of history, Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.
Instructor, Sing Sing prison
Wheaton Fund supporter
Enjoys a good story.

“Without Wheaton, I would not have had the opportunity to spend my junior year abroad, which forever broadened and transformed my worldview. Without Wheaton, I would not have had the courage to attend law school in the 1960s, when only a handful of my classmates were women. Without Wheaton, I would not have been intellectually restless enough in my 40s to return to graduate school for a degree in history, my major at Wheaton, or the audacity in my 60s—after many years in banking and executive recruitment—to write the first biography of an influential British historian. Now, in my 70s, Wheaton continues to provide the inspiration and confidence to work on another.”

Supports happy beginnings.

“‘That They May Have Life and May Have It Abundantly,’” the words carved over the doors of the Wheaton library, certainly have proven true for me. The life of the mind is the college’s great gift to me. So that others may share that rich experience, I contribute annually to the Wheaton Fund and am a proud member of the Founders’ Society.”

Support Wheaton

Call 800-896-3145 (option 2) or visit wheatoncollege.edu/giving

About Sandy Coleman

Sandy Coleman is the editor of the Wheaton Quarterly and Senior Associate Director in the Communications Office.