My Gift. My way. Sally Willis Bancroft ’66

Sally Willis Bancroft '66Retired from nonprofit management

Married to Ron Bancroft for 43 years; mother of two

Volunteer for Safe Passage; Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland; Center for Grieving Children

“Three years ago when Ron and I decided to update our will, we spent a lot of time talking about what leaving money means, what we hoped to achieve, what we felt was appropriate for our children, and which organizations would best represent our interests. Wheaton is a part of my heritage. My mother was in the Class of 1931; her sister was in the Class of 1934; one of my brother’s two daughters is Class of 2010, the other, Class of 2013. So my attachment runs deep and wide. Aside from providing a well-rounded education, Wheaton encouraged me to build leadership capability; to understand what it means to be a responsible and caring citizen of the world; and to look for opportunities to make a difference. For these reasons, we wanted the college to be among the institutions to benefit from our legacy gift. So we have established the Helen Patch Willis ’31 and Mary Patch Turnbull ’34 Scholarship Fund to support Wheaton students, while honoring my mother and aunt. It gives us great satisfaction knowing that our gift will play a role in the successes of future Wheaton students.”

Your gift. Your way.

Learn how you can give for the future right now.
Visit online, Office of Gift Planning, or call 508-286-3459.