Yield: 2 cups dressing
- 3 Poblano peppers roasted, peeled and seeded
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup blended oil
1. To roast the peppers, place them over a medium high flame and scorch the outside until it is nicely blistered and slightly burnt. Place in a medium-sized bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes. The heat from the peppers should create enough steam to help peel off the skin.
2. Remove the peppers from the bowl and carefully (they will be hot) peel off the burnt skin to reveal the nicely roasted flesh of the peppers. Remove the stem and the seeds. Rough chop the peppers and combine in blender with garlic, honey, salt, cilantro, vinegar and lime juice
3. Blend until very smooth.
4. Once blended smoothly, slowly drizzle in oil until well emulsified.
5. Check for seasoning.
*Note: If you do not have a gas stove, you can also roast the peppers in a hot oven. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat the peppers in olive oil and place on a foil-wrapped sheet pan. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until the outside is nicely blistered and darkened. You may have to turn them a few times while roasting to get even cooking.