Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
Residential Life

Campus Life

Application for Living Off Campus

Requests to live in a house, apartment, etc. that is not a parent or guardian's primary residence would be classified as "Living Off Campus."  Typically, students who live off campus will lease a local apartment with a group of friends.  These leases are independent agreements between the students (tenants) and a landlord.  The residences have no connection to Wheaton College.

To be eligible to live off campus you must apply and meet the following criteria:

  • You must have senior standing in the year intended to live off campus or be over 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year
  • You must be in good academic standing (not currently on Academic Suspension)
  • You must be in good social standing (having no Student Conduct violations that have resulted in either probation or suspension)
  • You must have read and understand Wheaton's Conditions and Expectations for Living Off Campus

How to Apply

**2014-15 Applications Are Closed.  Applications for the 2015-16 Academic Year will be available in the late Fall 2014 / early Spring 2015.

Once you have been approved and you have signed your lease, you will be expected to submit a Off Campus Living Agreement.  Submission of this form will officially change your student status and will remove the Room and Board charge from your student account.

Please Note

  • Before signing a lease, you must be granted permission to live off-campus.  Being obligated to a lease agreement is not grounds for the College to waive your requirement to live on campus.
  • A limited number of students are allowed to live off campus each year based on our anticipated occupancy.  Once that threshold has been reached late applications will be placed on a wait-list.
  • Students granted approval to live off campus will not be able to take part in the room selection process.
  • Individuals who have not been granted approval are expected to live on campus and will be charged room and board for the academic year regardless of any other arrangements or agreements that you have made.

Comments are closed.