Grants | Publications | Upcoming/Recent Talks and Workshops
- Drout, M. (PI), Kahn, M., and LeBlanc, M.D. (July 2011 - June 2013). National Endowment for the Humanities – NEH PR-50112011 -- Lexomic Tools and Methods for Textual Analysis: Providing Deep Access to Digitized Texts. [$178,000 award]
- LeBlanc, M. (PI), Drout, M. and Kahn, M. (July 2008 - June 2010). National Endowment for the Humanities NEH HD-50300-08 (Digital Humanities Start-Up Grant) -- Pattern Recognition through Computational Stylistics: Old English and Beyond.
Recent Talks and Workshops
- Kleinman, S. (2014). Text analysis with Lexos. Workshop presentation at THATCamp DHSoCal 2014, Sept. 2, 2014.
- Delfino, D. '14, Jensen, B. '15, Li, M. '14, Morneau, J. '16, and Neal, R. '14 (2014). Lexos: A Text Mining Workflow. Poster presentation at the Northeast region of the Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSCNE 2014), Providence College, Providence, RI, April 25, 2014. This work won 3rd place (out of 51) for best student research.
- Drout, M.D.C., LeBlanc, M.D., Neal, R. '14, Berger, R. '15, Hitotsubashi, N. '13, Smith, L. '14. (2013). Graduate Workshop: Using Lexomics Tools. Presented at the International Society of Anglo-Saxonists (ISAS 2013), Dublin, Ireland, July 28, 2013.
- LeBlanc, M.D., Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., Herbert, A. '14, Neal, R. '14 (2013). “Lexomics: Integrating the research and teaching spaces.” Presented at and published in proceedings of Digital Humanities 2013, University of Nebraska–Lincoln, July 2013: p274-276.
- Drout, M.D.C. and LeBlanc, M.D. (2013). “Mule Bone 2.0,” in Session 14.05, the Literary Interventions of the Digital Humanities, 44th Annual NeMLA Convention, March 21-24, 2013, Tufts University, Boston.
- Christian, S. (collaborator) and La Brie, C. (2013). “Mule Bone 2.0,” in Session 5.08, Make it New: Approach for Teaching the Harlem Renaissance, 44th Annual NeMLA Convention, March 21-24, 2013, Tufts University, Boston.
- Boyd, P., Drout, M.D.C., Hitotsubashi, N., Kahn, M., LeBlanc, M.D. and Smith, L. (in press, 2014). “Lexomic Analysis of Anglo-Saxon Prose: Establishing Controls with the Old English Penitential and the Old English translation of Orosius.” Revista de la Sociedad Española de Lengua y Literatura Inglesa Medieval (SELIM).
- Drout, M.D.C., Hitotsubashi, N. and Scavera, R. (2014). “Tolkien’s Creation of the Impression of Depth.” Tolkien Studies 11, 167-210.
- Downey, S., Drout, M.D.C., Kerekes, V., and Raffle, D. (2014). “Lexomic Analysis of Medieval Latin Texts,” Journal of Medieval Latin 24, 225-74.
- Drout, M.D.C. (2013). Tradition and Influence in Anglo-Saxon Literature: An Evolutionary, Cognitivist Approach (New York: Palgrave, 2013), pages 47-82.
- [under review] Sarah Downey (collaborator), Michael D.C. Drout, Veronica Kerekes and Douglas Raffle, “Lexomic Analysis of Medieval Latin Texts”, Journal of Medieval Latin.
- Downey, S. (collaborator), Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., LeBlanc, M.D., “’Books Tell Us’: Lexomic and Traditional Evidence for the Sources of Guthlac A.” Modern Philology 110 (2012):153-181.
- Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., LeBlanc, M.D., Nelson, C. '11 “Of Dendrogrammatology: Lexomic Methods for Analyzing the Relationships Among Old English Poems,” Journal of English and Germanic Philology, v110(3), July 2011, 301-336.
- Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., LeBlanc, M.D., Jones, A. ‘11, Kathok, N. ‘10, and Nelson, C. ’11. “Lexomics for Anglo-Saxon Literature.” Old English Newsletter, 2010.
- LeBlanc, M.D., Gousie, M. and Armstrong, T. (March 2010). Connecting Across Campus. Proceedings of the 41st SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, Milwaukee, WI.
- LeBlanc, M.D. Computing for Poets. Presented at SIGCSE 2010 – The Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, Milwaukee, WI, March 12, 2010.
- (in progress with collaborator Kisor) Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., Kisor, Y., LeBlanc, M.D. “Lexomic Perspectives on the Structure of Beowulf.”
- (in progress) Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., LeBlanc, M.D. “Untangling Cynewulf with Lexomic Methods.”
- (in progress with collaborator Kleinman) Kleinman, S., Drout, M.D.C., Kahn, M., LeBlanc, M.D. “Lemmatization and Lexomics.”