The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment envisions college-wide systems of evaluation and assessment and an institutionalized culture of evidence through which the College realizes excellence in all it does.
- Excellence in office operations
- Integrity in research and statistical analysis
- Collegiality in working relationships
- Accountability to quality improvement
- Confidentiality for appropriate faculty, student and staff information
- Accountability to safeguard institutional data
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at Wheaton College supports the achievement of college goals by providing information for strategic thinking, data-driven decision-making, institutional planning, and policy formation. The office aids the college by collecting and disseminating reliable institutional data in a responsive, timely, and ethical manner.
- Generating and disseminating data in a usable format while providing appropriate research and analytical support to assist college policymakers and planners in the college’s quest for continuous quality improvement.
- Creating linkages between strategic planning, college goals and institutional data.
- Providing internal consulting services to other departments of the college to elevate the standards and the utility of research initiatives undertaken elsewhere in the institution.
- Producing research reports, which support localized objectives in concert with college- wide initiatives.
- Reporting on the demographic and statistical profiles of the college, its faculty, students and staff.
- Supporting college departments and programs with research to meet their information needs.
- Responding to external requests from IPEDS, NCAA, and HEDS.