Institutional Research & Assessment at Wheaton College aims to be a leader among liberal arts colleges in the use of big data to better support the recruitment, graduation, and academic success of students with clear, timely, and actionable information.
- Excellence in office operations
- Integrity in research and statistical analysis
- Collegiality in working relationships
- Accountability to quality improvement
- Confidentiality for appropriate faculty, student and staff information
- Accountability to safeguard institutional data
The Office of Institutional Research & Assessment (OIRA) supports the realization of Wheaton College’s strategic vision through the collection, analysis, and dissemination of information in support of assessment, enrollment management, planning and decision-making. In this capacity, IR assumes primary responsibility for analyzing and interpreting data about the quality, performance, and effectiveness of the College.
- Generating and disseminating data in a usable format while providing appropriate research and analytical support to assist college policymakers and planners in the college’s quest for continuous quality improvement.
- Creating linkages between strategic planning, college goals and institutional data.
- Providing internal consulting services to other departments of the college to elevate the standards and the utility of research initiatives undertaken elsewhere in the institution.
- Producing research reports, which support localized objectives in concert with college- wide initiatives.
- Reporting on the demographic and statistical profiles of the college, its faculty, students and staff.
- Supporting college departments and programs with research to meet their information needs.
- Responding to external requests from IPEDS, NCAA, and HEDS.