Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
Planning for graduate & professional schools



Below are the seven required forms that students applying for many of the health professions must fill out and return to the health professions advisor in Kollett Hall.  All of these forms are placed in each students' private file that is housed in the health professions advisor's office in Kollett Hall.

All students for whom information is being gathered for the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) must fill out and submit the below Waiver/Release of Information Form before soliciting evaluators and recommenders for letters.

Statement of Interest Form

This Statement of Interest Form gives the committee a more personal perspective on your interest in the health professions.  The committee asks that you fill out this form in which you discuss the reasons you are interested in entering into a career in the health professions.

Waiver Form and Release of Information Form

In compliance with the Family Rights and Policy Act, the committee requires students to fill out this form in which you state whether you waive (closed file) or do not waive (open file) your right to access letters written by HPAC, recommenders, and class instructors.  Your decision to waive or not waive access will be communicated to the committee, recommenders, and class instructors who submit assessments on your behalf.  Be aware that there is a general, though unsubstantiated feeling, that a closed file is viewed as more credible than an open file.

This release form authorizes the Health Professions Advisory Committee to check with the appropriate offices regarding any academic and social actions/sanctions that took place during your time at Wheaton College.

Junior/Senior Faculty Assessment Form

Students interested in applying for the health professions are asked to submit this form to ALL their instructors that students took a class with during the junior year.  Students who are not applying to medical school during the junior year should also distribute this form to their senior year faculty.

Letter of Recommendation Forms

There are two forms that must be used by applicants when requesting formal letters of recommendations from anyone submitting letters on the students behalf.  These are the Faculty Recommendation Form and the Non-faculty Recommendation Form.

Students are expected to have at least three to five recommendations, a minimum of two of these must come from science professors who taught the student.  Of course, the more letters from faculty and others allow more information for the HPAC to use in construction of a committee letter. Students should request recommendations immediately after having concluded a course or significant activity, especially if you will not be working with that person again.

Recommenders List

Students must fill out the Recommenders List stating all those who have agreed to write recommendations on behalf of student's application.

Comments are closed.