Get ready. Human forecasters are predicting three to four days of snow starting Sunday, Feb. 8, 2015, and continuing into Tuesday, February 10. The stalled weather system is likely to add one to three inches of light snow each day in our area.
Wheaton’s grounds crews will continue their herculean effort to remove snow and treat roadways and pathways throughout the duration of the storm, but please take care when walking about the campus because some areas may be slippery. We want to make sure everyone is safe.
A big thank you to the students who moved their vehicles from Lot 1 to Lot 2 the other day. Now, the time has come to move the vehicles back to a student lot. Please do so by 11 p.m. tonight, Friday, February 6. Remember that clean-up plans are in place for Lot 4 tonight until tomorrow, so please refrain from moving vehicles to Lot 4. Lot 1A (closest to Sidell Stadium) is open and has spaces available in it.
To enable clearing campus roads, paths and parking lots as quickly as possible, parking is restricted effective at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015, until further notice. Check the emergency page of the Wheaton website on Monday afternoon for an update on the end to the restrictions. http://wheatoncollege.edu/emergency/updates/
The restrictions do not apply to faculty or staff.
Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers emergency snow removal efforts, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owners expense.
Please note that when the college is open, faculty and staff are allowed to park in faculty and staff lots. If the college is closed due to weather, the parking ban applies to everyone.
Students should make sure that vehicles are parked in one of the following lots (click on the map to see the areas):
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium only
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office
The lots that are closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of and across from the Clark Recreation Center, Nursery School and 4 Clark Rec Drive / Guest House)
- Lot 2 (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main Street, opposite YMC)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8 (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
- Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7&9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or 508-285-5051.