You can submit your event information right now—or read through the following background first...
How to submit an event:
- Click the “Submit an Event” button, and fill in the form as completely as possible.
- Click the “Next” button and preview your information. Double-check it with care: event title, date, time, location, spelling, grammar, etc.
- When your event information is perfect, click the “Submit” button. Note that your event is not submitted until you click the Submit button.
- Your event will be sent to a queue for moderation, and once it is approved, it will appear on the college’s events calendar, generally within 24 hours (on business days).
- Events should be of general interest to Wheaton’s campus community, and sponsored by a college department, student group, club or organization.
- Events must be submitted by a Wheaton community member with a valid college email address.
- Valid events include, but are not limited to, lectures, seminars, workshops, arts exhibits. They may include on-campus events or selected off-campus events if sponsored by a Wheaton College group.
- Submissions should be made at least one week before the event to ensure they are approved and published in time to have enough exposure and reach your intended audience. If your event is submitted less than 48 hours ahead of time, we cannot guarantee its publication.
- Submissions must be made via the event submissions form [link]. Submissions made via email, contact form, fax or interoffice mail will not be considered.
- Events can be open to the campus community or a segment of it, and may also be open to the general public. The college calendar can be viewed by the world. Indicate who may attend if your event is not open to the public.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration must specify as such and include appropriate links and/or contact information. The events calendar cannot process registrations.
- Please refrain from using all-caps, exclamation points, colored fonts or excessive text formatting (boldface, italics, etc.).
- Do not copy and paste from Microsoft Word documents; Word adds extra coding that may interfere with the publication of your event listing. Instead, type directly into the form or paste your text into a plain text editor before submitting via the events calendar.
- Acronyms should be spelled out on first reference.
- You can submit repeating events, such as art exhibitions, by choosing "weekly" in the "Repeat" dropdown menu, and then selecting the correct days for your event (note that this works best if your event has the same hours or start time every day). If your event has different hours on different days, you may wish to submit it once for each unique start or end time. If you have any problems submitting your repeating event, please notify Web Communications via the Contact Us link in the navigation.
- To notify Web Communications of a change to an event listing, please click Contact Us in the navigation and describe both the event and what changes you wish to be made.
- If your event has been cancelled, you can withdraw it from the calendar using the link from the email you received when you initially submitted the event.
After you hit the "submit" button, we:
- review all submissions before publishing them.
- reject submissions that do not meet requirements.
- edit submissions for spelling, grammar, clarity and brevity.
- feature select event listings via the events calendar homepage, the college homepage, digital signage, and elsewhere as appropriate. and other electronic channels as deemed appropriate
We cannot accept submissions that:
- have no direct connection to Wheaton College
- are of a commercial nature
- are political endorsements or fundraising solicitations
- offer insufficient information
- are slanderous, unlawful or obscene content