These are a few current opportunities to become involved in our wider community:
- Head Start. Federally-funded pre-school programs for families earning below the poverty line. Volunteer in the classroom or in the office, intern with the family advocate, play music and teach the kids about your instrument, research materials for lessons, or help set up and decorate classrooms.
- Norton Youth Theatre. Wheaton student-run musical theatre for local middle school students.
- Wheaton/ARC Best Buds. Become a "buddy" for a developmentally challenged child or teen.
- Norton Middle School. Use your Federal Work Study award to mentor middle school students. For transportation, see Gatra schedule.
- Wheaton Tutoring Outreach Program. One-on-one tutoring for Norton High School students. Sessions are held on the Wheaton campus.
- The Literacy Center, Attleboro. Work with children or adults to develop basic literacy. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cupboard of Kindness. Norton Food Pantry is looking for volunteers to assist with distribution of food on the first and third Monday of the month from 4:30-6:30p.m. They also appreciate donations especially canned fruit, peanut butter, stew, and coffee, as well as personal care items and detergents.
- Friends Caring and Sharing. Mansfield Food Pantry.
- New Hope is a "violence against women" shelter.
- Old Colony Habitat for Humanity. Be part of building a home for a local Norton family.