These are a few current opportunities to become involved in our wider community, get to know your neighborhood:
Be a good neighbor. Share your smarts, Passion and Wheaton Pride.
Veterans' Day Rake-In, Attleboro- Sat, Nov 8th at 9 am-noon, Transportation is provided. Fall clean-up at homes of veterans and senior citizens.
Greater Boston Food Bank- Sat, Nov 15th from noon-4:30 pm. Our monthly trip benefits local food pantries and soup kitchens in the Greater Norton Metropolitan Area.
Crystal Spring Earth Learning Center- Needs 4-5 students to help with heavy lifting. Date and time TBD.
Wheaton Tutoring Outreach Program- Can you commit 2 hours a week to Norton's future? Norton Public School Tutors, grades 3-12, all subjects.
Norton Head Start Volunteers- Helping preschoolers from low income homes with English language learning, science, technology and math.
Head Start Holiday Party- Help us give some holiday cheer to 35 children from low income homes. Many volunteer opportunities available. December 4th-6th.
Would your club or organization like to 'adopt' Food and Friends Soup Kitchen for one night? Work with SSSR staff to develop menus and prepare a simple, healthy meal- for 90 guests. you can do this- and you'll be glad you did!
- Head Start. Federally-funded pre-school programs for families earning below the poverty line. Volunteer in the classroom or in the office, intern with the family advocate, play music and teach the kids about your instrument, research materials for lessons, or help set up and decorate classrooms.
- The Literacy Center, Attleboro. Work with children or adults to develop basic literacy. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Cupboard of Kindness. Norton Food Pantry is looking for volunteers to assist with distribution of food on the first and third Monday of the month from 4:30-6:30p.m. They also appreciate donations especially canned fruit, peanut butter, stew, and coffee, as well as personal care items and detergents.
- Friends Caring and Sharing. Mansfield Food Pantry.
- New Hope is a "violence against women" shelter.