These are a few current opportunities to become involved in our wider community, get to know your neighborhood:
Be a good neighbor. Share your smarts, Passion and Wheaton Pride.
Greater Boston Food Bank- Sat, 2/21/15 from noon-4:30 pm. Our monthly trip benefits local food pantries and soup kitchens in the Greater Norton Metropolitan Area.
Family and Friends Soup Kitchen-2/26/15 and 3/26/15- We are looking for a group or club to cook for about 90 individuals who attend this local soup kitchen
Wheaton Tutoring Outreach Program- Can you commit 2 hours a week to Norton's future? Norton Public School Tutors, grades 3-12, all subjects.
Norton Head Start Volunteers- Helping preschoolers from low income homes with English language learning, science, technology and math.
- Head Start. Federally-funded pre-school programs for families earning below the poverty line. Volunteer in the classroom or in the office, intern with the family advocate, play music and teach the kids about your instrument, research materials for lessons, or help set up and decorate classrooms.
- The Literacy Center, Attleboro. Work with children or adults to develop basic literacy. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cupboard of Kindness. Norton Food Pantry is looking for volunteers to assist with distribution of food on the first and third Monday of the month from 4:30-6:30p.m. They also appreciate donations especially canned fruit, peanut butter, stew, and coffee, as well as personal care items and detergents.
- Friends Caring and Sharing. Mansfield Food Pantry.
- New Hope is a "violence against women" shelter.