SILCS is a member of the Group for Underrepresented Students in Higher Education and Research. GUSHER is a consortium of summer research institutes dedicated to enhancing the recruitment, retention, and success of students from underrepresented groups in graduate study in the humanities.
- Moore Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program at the University of North Carolina (MURAP)
- Rutgers English Diversity Institute at Rutgers the State University of New Jersey (REDI)
- African American Literatures and Cultures Institute at the University of Texas at San Antonio (AALCI)
- Arts and Humanities Summer Institute at the University of Delaware (AHSI) [no longer active]
- Program for Humanities Development at The Ohio State University (PHD) [no longer active]
Other Diversity Programs and Conferences
These links include a range of different programs for undergraduate and graduate students, some specializing in certain disciplines and others that have a broader focus on research.
- Future of Minority Studies
- Mellon Mays Fellowship (MMUF)
- Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) State Doctoral Scholars Program
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Faculty Women of Color in the Academy (FWCA)
- College Language Association (CLA)
- The National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education (NCORE)
- Summer Undergraduate Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (SUMSRI)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- The Council for African-American Researchers in the Mathematical Sciences (CAARMS)
Resources for Graduate Study
These links include resources for graduate students, as well as for those applying to graduate programs.
- The Princeton Review
GRE test preparation
More GRE test preparation
- The Grad Cafe
Forums for graduate students and applicants
- PhD's Schools
Sort through graduate programs to find one you like.
- Graduate Study in the Computer and Mathematical Sciences: A Survival Manual
Just what it sounds like.