Personally Owned Laptop and Tablet Registration
Posted on July 1, 2012
Laptops and other portable electronic devices are easy targets for theft. In addition to the cost of replacement, they often have personal information and intellectual property that can be difficult or impossible to recover and protect. The Wheaton College Department of Public Safety is offering a free Personally Owned Laptop and Tablet Registration Program to members of the campus community to deter theft and avoid the consequences or assist in the recovery of stolen property.
- Students: Click here to register your equipment.
- Faculty & Staff: Click here to register your equipment.
Once you register your laptop, we will have the basic information to quickly investigate the theft. Additionally, if your laptop is found or recovered, the registration record will help DPS return your laptop to you.
Other methods to protect your laptop
- Keep the laptop with you, do not leave it unattended
- Keep the laptop out of sight; store it when not being used
- Label your accessories and carrying case
- Password protect your laptop
To report the theft of a laptop on campus, call Public Safety at (508) 286-8213.