April 26, 2013, Wheaton Academic Festival: The following three posters were presented:
- Energy Transfer in Pr-doped CaTiO3 under UV Excitation, J. Collins, S. Velupillai ‘15, and Y. Tsehay ’14.
- Construction of a Q-switched Nd:YAG Laser, Kening Zhao ’15
- Using LabVIEW to Interface with Hardware in the Laser Laboratory, Malcolm Eaton ‘13
July 2013, International School of Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy, Erice, Sicily, Italy: John Collins will lecture on Fluorescence of Doped Nano-particles.
October 2013, Electrochemical Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA. The following two papers will be presented:
- A Comparison of Excitation and Emission Properties of Pr-Doped. LiNbO3, CaNbO3, and CaTiO3, J. Collins, Y. Tsehay, S. Velupillai, K. Dauphinais.
- Fabrication and Spectral Investigation of Y2O3:Nd3+ Nano-Particles. (In collaboration with Boston College.)
November 2013, Material Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA. The following paper will be presented:
- White Light Emission from Y2O3 Nano-powders Induced by a Laser Diode Beam, G. Bilir, J. Collins, B. Di Bartolo. (In collaboration with Boston College)