Mission and Vision
The Center for Global Education will help Wheaton to become a leader in global education among private liberal arts colleges. This vision includes a commitment to help each student at Wheaton achieve global competency upon graduation.
The mission of the Center for Global Education is to provide leadership on global education initiatives by helping to shape and implement the agenda for global education on the campus. In this regard, the Center sees its most important priorities to include:
- Collaborate with faculty to further internationalize the curriculum
- Advocate for and help to implement programs of study and academic experiences that prepare students to be globally competent
- Identify and support faculty in seeking opportunities to acquire relevant international teaching and research experiences
- Serve the international students and visiting scholars on the campus
- Engage with student organizations, academic departments and other units to promote cross-cultural understanding on the campus and in the local community