Wheaton Foundation Grant Application Guidelines
Wheaton foundation Grants may be used to:
- cover course-related conference fees and travel costs
- buy materials and equipment for research;
- travel to research sites; and/or
- compensate research subjects.
All Wheaton students, regardless of class year, are eligible to apply for funding through the foundation grants as long as they are in good academic standing.
Steps for submitting your proposal:
- Read the guidelines
- submit the application
- Request a letter of support from the faculty member which addresses the value and relevance of your request to your academics in their class. This support letter is due on deadline date as indicated, so please be considerate and give the faculty member the time to get it done. Do not wait until the last minute.
- Funds must be used to cover expenses incurred in the semester of application.
- Original Receipts must be submitted as support for expenses..
- Expenses incurred during January/summer are not eligible for funding through the Wheaton Foundation Grants.
- Applicants may apply during both the fall and spring semesters; however, priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- Grant requests are limited to a maximum of $250 per student per year.
- Group submissions are welcome but costs per student must be justified.
- The Committee on Academic Standing may limit the use of/deny funds for expenses judged inappropriate for this grant.
- Any equipment purchased on this grant will become property of the department involved and any books purchased become the property of the Wheaton Library.
Questions? Contact Judi Razee