Wheaton's Balfour, Trustee and Community Scholars are a distinguished group of high achievers, selected on the strength of their high school academic and co-curricular accomplishments, as well as their potential for outstanding careers at Wheaton. Congratulations!
- Conducting groundbreaking scientific research
- Giving presentations at national conferences
- Publishing articles in scholarly journals and other national publications
- Partnering with faculty on research, artistic and writing projects
- Establishing organizations to help others, at home and abroad
Past academic scholars have amassed an impressive array of distinctions as winners and finalists of some of the world's most prestigious awards, including:
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Truman Scholarships
- Watson Fellowships
In addition to an annual scholarship, Wheaton's academic scholars are awarded stipends to support research, internship or service initiatives after their second year at Wheaton. The Filene Center for Academic Advising and Career Services staff consults with students about their short- and long-term goals to help determine how to use stipends for maximum benefit.
For more information about your scholarship, check out the Balfour, Trustee and Community Scholarship FAQ.