To edit content in your Wheaton College site, you need to have an editor account with access to that content.
Most Wheaton sites are updated with WordPress, a content management system and blogging tool. Your site uses WordPress if you see "Editor Login" at the bottom of your webpage. If you don't see that, please contact the Web Team to initiate the process of moving your content to WordPress.
- Use an up-to-date browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (not Internet Explorer, please). Be sure you have a working Internet connection. Note: If you are off-campus, your computer must use the college's virtual private network (VPN) to edit pages. Contact Tech Support at x3900 if you have questions or need help setting up your browser or VPN.
- Launch and sign in to Wheaton's VPN.
- Launch your browser and navigate to the page or post you want to edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Editor Login" link in its footer. If you aren't signed in to the editor already, you will be prompted to do so. Use your familiar wID and email password.
- Once you're signed in, simply typing an "e" will bring up the editor for the current page; "d" will bring up the site's Dashboard.