Considering adding a department Facebook page?
Posted on December 14, 2012
If you're considering a Facebook page for your department, talk with the web team about your goals—and ask about some effective practices shared by other departments, including:
- Re-using your content. We make it easy to pull content from your department's Facebook feed into your college web page.
- What works best? Most departments find that Facebook is especially useful to them for time-sensitive event planning and photos.
- Channels. You and your colleagues should agree on how you will use this additional channel, and plan for some content overlap across your other information channels.
- As you should do with other channels, you should assign two people to manage your Facebook account.
- Content schedule. Keep your content fresh. One way to do this is to create a specific type of content creation for each day or week... and block it off in your calendar. Once the glow of a new project disappears, you still have to sustain this.