Practical site maintenance for busy people
Posted on September 1, 2011
Congratulations to the many departments that made the time to refresh their sites this summer. These simple ideas can help you keep your site healthy:
- Schedule time each week to focus on your website. Start by blocking off 30 minutes each week and adjust if necessary. Blocking off time in MeetingMaker will help you work with minimal interruption.
- Keep track of changes and suggestions made in department meetings, email, conversations, etc. Updates of an urgent nature should happen immediately, and others can wait to be included in your weekly editing block.
- At least two people in your department should have editor accounts, access, training and experience in working with your department's content.
- We invite you to come to our Web Salons, review our current documentation and suggest improvements.
- Do not suffer in silence. If you have a question, please ask the Web Team for help.
Your site serves as a primary source of information about your department and its services, so it's well-worth planning for its up-keep.