Printing options for students can be found here
There are many ways to send your print jobs to the new Xerox MFPs! If your computer is a college-owned computer and on the domain you can download the Xerox print drivers and off you'll go. You can also follow the directions for students found here to email your print jobs or use the web interface without downloading the drivers. Whichever way works for you works for us!
Note: You will have 24 hours to print out your job before it expires.
Below are the directions to follow to download drivers on to College-owned computers in the domain:
WINDOWS Operating System Instructions:
- Go to the Windows icon in the lower left corner, in the search box right above the icon type \\print and hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Double click on the queue named “Xerox”, it will start the Windows Printer Installation, if you are prompted, you should click accept to install the driver for the Xerox printer
- Once the install is complete the print queue will pop up on your screen, you can close that window
- Now you can send your print jobs to the printer named “Xerox on print”
- At the Xerox MFP select “Alternate Login” and login with your wID and password (after the first time you login you have the option to enroll your ID card), then find your job and release it.
Apple/MAC Operating System Instructions:
- Connect to the following share on the new printing server smb://print.wheatonma.edu/mac (you may be prompted to "Select the volumes you want to mount" select mac and click ok
- Select the folder that is appropriate for your Mac operating system and copy the .dmg file to your desktop.
- Double click the .dmg file and then double click the .pkg file inside. When the installation gets to the “Select Printer” screen select the “Continue” button. It will ask if you want to proceed without setting up a printer queue, select “Continue” again.
- Go into Apple’s “System Preferences” and select “Printers & Scanners” and press the “+” button on the left to create a new print queue (Note: you might have to click the lock icon in the bottom left hand corner to make changes first).
On the “Add” screen right mouse click the heading section to the right of the “Windows” icon and select “Customize Toolbar…” then drag the “Advanced” option into the toolbar.
Click the new “Advanced” option.
For the “Type” select “Windows printer via spoolss
In the “URL:” field enter in “smb://print.wheatonma.edu/Xerox”
For the “Name:” enter in “Xerox”
Select “Choose a Driver…” and choose the “Select Software” option and point it to the Xerox Global Postscript Driver option. Select “OK”.
Submit a print job to the “Xerox” queue,
At the Xerox MFP select “Alternate Login” and login with your wID and password (after the first time you login you have the option to enroll your ID card), then find your job and release it.
Have a question that isn't answered here? Visit the FAQ page here!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Technology Support at x3900