- In our continuing effort to improve LIS services, all scheduled maintenance will be added below as notices are received
- Please bookmark this site for IT ALERTS
- For up to the minute IT and Critical IT Alerts follow us @WheatonSupport on Twitter or visit our website
- Most scheduled maintenance, especially Banner maintenance, will be performed during our normal Thursday evening maintenance window
- The PROD database is shut down for backup every Saturday from 12:05am to 7:30am
Alerts will be added as they are received... Please check this site on a regular basis throughout the week.
LIS FYI: IT Support Services Fall Hours
Who: Wheaton College Faculty, Staff, and Students
What: Hours of Operation for Office and Campus Mail Services, Media Services, and Technology Support
Office and Campus Mail Services Fall 2016:
In order to process the high volume of packages and mail received at the beginning of the semester Office and Campus Mail Services will follow a modified schedule August 29, 2016 through September 30, 2016 and will provide service hours on Saturday for package pick-up. Thank you for your patience during this busy time.
Service window hours:
- August 29 through September 30
- Monday – Thursday Open 12:00 noon – 5:30pm
- Friday – Open 12:00 noon – 4:30pm
- Monday, September 5 – Closed in observance of Labor Day. Service Window is not open
- Saturday, September 10, 17, 24- Open 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please contact Campus Mail at (508) 286-3824. Our normal hours will resume on Monday, October 3, 2016. Thank you for your patience during this busy time.
Media Services Hours Fall 2016:
Hours of operation starting September 3rd:
- Monday through Thursday 8:00am to 10:00pm
- Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Due to changes in staffing, our ability to support all evening events this semester will be limited.
- Media Services will be closed on Saturdays until we are fully staffed. If you need assistance on Saturdays Media Services can coordinate an outside vendor to assist you. There is a fee associated with this service and will be charged to the requester. Please provide us with 5 days of appropriate lead time.
- Media Services will be closed on Sundays. Media Services is happy to meet with you prior to the weekend to loan and train you on any equipment you may need for your Saturday or Sunday event.
We lend video cameras, digital audio recorders, and Mac adapters Monday through Friday from Room 205 in Balfour Hood. Please reserve cameras and recorders ahead of time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and pick up them on Friday between 1:00pm and 5:00pm for weekend use. Mac adapters and HDMI cables available for borrowing from the circulation desk at the library on weekends.
Please e-mail AV@Wheatoncollege.edu with any questions or concerns.
Note: Media Services is not open Labor Day Weekend
Technology Support Hours Fall 2016:
The Tech Support Center will be open for special evening assistance on:
- Monday, August 29 through Thursday, September 1st from 8:30am to 8:00pm
Walk up and phone assistance (regular hours of operation):
- Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Note: Tech Support is not open Labor Day Weekend
To check on our hours of operation throughout the year please visit our websites. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this message, please contact Sue Morgado at Morgado_Sue @wheatoncollege.edu
REMINDER::: LIS CRITICAL ALERT: ACTION REQUIRED: Password management changes
Who: Wheaton College Faculty, Staff, and Students
What: Password management system has changed
When: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
LIS has just implemented a new password management system that offers you new options for managing your Wheaton password. Please take a minute to enroll in the new system. You do not have to change your password in order to enroll.
Our new system provides challenge questions and the ability to use your cellphone -not required but highly recommended- to help you recover your password.
Enrolling only takes a couple of minutes following the steps listed below:
Browse to https://account.wheatoncollege.edu where you will see our new account/password management page
Select Enroll and/or add my Cell Phone Number
Enter your Wheaton ID and password and click next
On the next screen you can optionally add your cell phone for password recovery. If you do not have a cell phone that receives text messages or if you prefer to not use your cell phone, please just enter 1234567890 (ten digits total with no special characters like hyphens and spaces)
Next you will be asked to complete challenge questions of your choosing
Things to know:
Your current challenge questions will not migrate from the old system, so please create new challenge questions in our new system.
You must enroll in our new password management system in order to change your password.
You will continue to receive email prompts from LIS when it's time to change your password (every 6 months).
If you have any questions please contact Technical Support at x3900 or at email@example.com