Last Chance: Be an August CORE Assistant
Posted on July 20, 2013
Be a CORE Assistant during the August CORE program. Help welcome a new class of Wheaties. The Class of 2017 will be here in one month! We need a few more CORE Assistants, Apply today!
Applications are due Wednesday, July 31st at Noon
As a CORE Assistant, you will become part of a team of student volunteers who share responsibility for the overall execution of CORE August with direction from the SAIL staff and student coordinators. After attending a mandatory training on Tuesday, August 20 from 9am-9pm, CORE Assistants will work various shifts from Aug 21-27. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to move back to campus on Monday, August 19th.
The application asks/entails the following:
- General information about the candidate
- Interest and application for Pre-CORE programs (see below)
- Candidate's interest and previous work experience
- Candidate's preference of job functions (see below)
- Participation agreement statement
- Non-discrimination policy and accommodation/needs section
While certain tasks/events are required for all Assistants to help with, the majority of your time will be spent in a specific function:
- Publicity & Day Manager - create and post banners/flyers; set up, manage and clean events that take place during the day/afternoon
- Front Office Staff - assist SAIL with daily operations in the main office which includes answering phones,
- Social Event Manager - set up, manage and clean up events that take place at night