Summer Position: 2013 Orientation Coordinator
Posted on March 26, 2013
Seeking up to three hardworking, energetic and creative individuals to share the responsibility for the overall planning and execution of New Student Orientation, CORE August. These are summer positions --May 20, 2013 to August 26, 2013—also may include some committee meetings and OA hiring prior to the conclusion of the semester and event support during the first week of the fall semester.
- Assist Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership (SAIL)/Orientation staff in the hiring & training of CORE August OA’s
- Attend/Participate in cross-divisional Orientation planning committee meetings.
- Attend/participate in all Orientation Coordinators’ meetings.
- Represent Orientation committee at Opening of the College Meetings.
- Assist with Summer/Orientation Communications. (Mailings, email blast, etc …)
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Orientation Coordinator Assignments include:
- Plan and execute educational, academic and social program in conjunction with appropriate college departments. These vary with current priorities and OC interest.
- Coordinate, write and edit CORE August schedule/text in preparation for the Communications Department design process.
- Update CORE website and summer “mailing” version.
- Coordinate work order request for all SAIL and CORE August programs.
- Liaison with SGA as their main campus contact regarding the Activities Fair, Candlelighting, etc. during the summer months.
- 2.75 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Completion of at least two semesters at Wheaton College.
- Experience with program/event planning
- Strong work ethic and hard worker
- Committed to Wheaton's values and the student experience
- Solid writing skills
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft programs(Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Knowledge of Word Press and Adobe's Creative Suite helpful
- $1800-2,000 **based on past experience
- Paid in 4 installments/stipends
- Fashionable CORE Wardrobe!
- 2 weeks summer vacation (Week of July 1nd plus an additional week)
Tentative Work Schedule:
- Tuesdays & Thursday beginning May 21nd through August 15th
- Thursday, June 6th – Friday, June 14th – Must be able to participate in training and staff Wheaton’s Campus Orientation & Registration Experience (CORE) program. Actual times/work schedule: TBD, but please note that you should NOT plan to work another job or internship this week.
- Participation in CORE Express (if available) – Mondays, June 24th & July 22nd.
- Week of August 12th will require some increased hours in final preparation. Self-scheduled in addition to the Tuesday and Thursday.(Other summer commitments should come to an end by Friday)
- Beginning Saturday, August 17th– A full-time commitment to CORE August Programs and OA trainings begins (August 19-26th)
Application Process & Deadline:
- Submit cover letter, resume & reference list (3) to Andrea Holden, Director, Student Activities, Involvement and Leadership. email@example.com Priority consideration will be given to candidates that apply by Monday, April 1st.
- Cover letter should include: Why you are applying for the position? What skills/experience do you offer (Please use examples)? Also, share an example of how you have worked as part of a team and what did you learn from that experience.