UPCOMING STORAGE ACCESS:
Please contact Rachel Pink (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Residential Life to access storage after returning from study abroad.
The Office of Residential Life offers limited storage to students who live a distance from campus. Qualifying students will be granted access on a first come, first served basis - we cannot guarantee the availability of storage.
- Students must complete an online registration form, a 'Storage Contract' (each semester) and tag their items with labels provided by Residential Life.
- You must live 500+ miles away from campus.
- You must be returning to Wheaton the following semester.
- Students going abroad can keep items in storage until they return to campus. Students studying away during Spring semester should visit this page at the end of Fall semester for storage opening times.
- Qualifying students may only store TWO ITEMS in storage. See "Restrictions" below for details.
- Summer storage is only available in Chapin Basement.
- Items left behind will be discarded or donated.
How to Register for Storage Space
Due to the large demand for storage over the summer, not all students who qualify are guaranteed storage space.
1.) Complete the online registration form to sign up for a date and time to access storage.An online registration form will be available on the Residential Life webpage 2-3 weeks prior to the halls closing at the end of Spring semester. Please look in the "News" column for application links. Students are encouraged to submit their storage registration as soon as possible. The form will become unavailable once capacity is reached.
2.) Visit Residential Life to complete a Storage Contact and pick up labels.
3.) Arrive at Chapin Basement with your belongings during the date and time selected.
How to Access Storage
Qualifying students are able to access storage at the beginning and end of each semester. Access to drop belongings off or pick them up will be limited to scheduled times. Any upcoming storage access times will be posted on the top of this page. Requests outside of those scheduled times can be made by contacting Rachel Pink in Residential Life (508-286-8214).
We cannot guarantee immediate access to your belongings. Students wishing to utilize student storage should understand that our staff availability is limited. We provide this service as a courtesy and at no charge to students. Items left behind will be discarded or donated.
Due to high demand and limited space, we restrict the size and quantity of items that students are permitted to store in Chapin Basement. Qualifying students may only store two items. This can be any combination of boxes or small bulky items tagged with labels provided by Residential Life.
- Maximum Box size - The Length + Width + Height of the box cannot exceed 84 inches (for example 36" x 24" by 24")
- Small Bulky Items - mini refrigerators, shelving units, lamps, fans, or other items that would not otherwise be packed in a box.
Belongings Left at Your Own Risk
Students who make use of this space do so with the understanding that Wheaton College cannot, under any circumstance, assume responsibility for loss of or damage to personal items. Please be aware that the storage room is in a basement and has had water infiltration in the past. We do not recommend storing anything of significant value. We will not allow storage of items otherwise prohibited from the Residence Halls.
Storage options through Wheaton are limited and does not include any insurance for loss or damage. If you do not qualify for storage or need to store items over the limit, we suggest contacting Student Moving & Storage Services. They will be on campus in the final weeks of Spring semester and can assist you with many storage and shipping needs.