Wheaton offers limited storage to students who live a distance from campus. Because our space is limited, we restrict the size and quantity of items. Qualifying students will be granted access on a first come, first serve basis - we cannot guarantee the availability of storage.
- Registration will be made available on-line at the end of each semester
- Summer storage will only be available in Chapin Basement
- You must live 500+ miles away from campus
- You must be returning to Wheaton in the following semester (students going abroad can keep items there until they return to campus)
- Items left behind will be discarded or donated
Registering for Storage
At the end of each semester registration for Storage will open. Residential Life will contact current students via e-mail and space will be offered to qualifying students on a first-come, first-served basis.
You may only store two items in Wheaton storage. This can be any combination of boxes or small bulky items marked with your name, class year, and contact phone number.
- Maximum Box size - The Length + Width + Height of the box cannot exceed 84 inches (for example 36" x 24" by 24")
- Small Bulky Items - included small refrigerators, lamps, fans, or other items that would not otherwise be packed in a box.
Belongings Left at Your Own Risk
Students who make use of this space do so with the understanding that the College cannot, under any circumstance, assume responsibility for loss of or damage to personal items. Please be aware that the storage room is in a basement and has had water infiltration in the past. We do not recommend storing anything of significant value. We will not allow storage of items otherwise prohibited from the Residence Halls.
Applying for Storage
Students are able to apply for storage at the end of each semester. An online form will be available 2-3 weeks prior to the halls closing. Please look in the "News" column for application links.
Students wishing to utilize student storage should understand that our staff availability is limited. We provide this service as a courtesy and at no charge to students. Access to drop items off or pick them up will be limited to scheduled times. Requests outside of those scheduled times can be made by contacting Rachel Pink in Residential Life (508-286-8214). We cannot guarantee immediate access to your belongings.
Storage options through Wheaton are limited and does not include any insurance for loss or damage. If you do not qualify for storage or need to something over the limit, we suggest contacting Student Moving & Storage Services. They will be on campus and can assist you with many storage and shipping needs.