Health and Safety
Residential Life tries to provide and sustain a healthy living environment for all students living in our halls and houses. We expect students to help us achieve that by taking responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of your room and abiding by the College Fire Safety policies.
Residential Life staff will conduct a minimum of one Health and Safety inspection per semester. These inspections can be announced or unannounced.
During formal Inspections, staff will utilize this Health and Safety Inspection Report. A copy will be filed within Residential Life and a copy will be left with the residents.
Some common violations:
- Items hanging from ceilings or pipes
- Candles, wax burners, incense
- Prohibited appliances like microwaves
- String lights and lava lamps
- Light duty extension cords (cords with only two prongs)
- Excessive wall coverings
* Cloth wall decorations (flags, tapestries, etc.) are not recommended for residence halls/residential rooms. The 2014-15 policy does not strictly prohibit such items, but they will no longer be permitted in 2015-16.