Last fall, Boston-based online fashion company UsTrendy, which was founded by Sam Sisakhti ’05, made a fall appearance in a runway show during London Fashion Week. For the past four years, the company has provided independent fashion designers with an avenue to sell and promote their work. UsTrendy also held its first campus fashion design contest last fall, and launched a philanthropic effort by donating clothing to Big Brothers Big Sisters for the holiday season. So you missed fashion week in London? Paris, Milan and New York, too? No worries. We asked the stylish Sisakhti, who was awarded a 2012 Young Alumnae/i Award, to tell us what will be hot for spring. Hold onto your camisoles, ladies; see-through is one of the themes this season.
- Midriff showing (crop tops and peekaboo dresses)
- Pleated and skater-style dresses
- Lace, revealing skin underneath
- Bright and vibrant colors
- Lots of leg
- Classic black and white making a major comeback
- Stripes, dots, snakeskin and fringe