My gift. My way.

Elena Drake Vandervoort ’67

2006 Bath (Maine) Citizen of the Year; 2009 Southern Mid-coast Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year

Founding director and past president of the National Trust for Historic Preservation “Main Street” program in Bath, Maine; board member of Maine Maritime Museum, and Maine State Music Theatre; former board member of Sagadahoc Preservation, Inc.

“Wheaton has always been an important part of my life, and I continue to devote a great deal of my time to the college. I have been a class agent. I served on the committee that formed the college’s Friends of Art group. My late husband, Peter, and I had been on the President’s Commission for several terms, and I am continuing for an additional two terms. We had always felt strongly about the value of a broad liberal arts education and were as supportive financially as we could be for all of our schools, including setting up a gift annuity fund a number of years ago and the Peter and Elena Drake Vandervoort Scholarship at Wheaton. When we were reviewing our estate plan before Peter’s death, we decided that we wanted to do even more. So we agreed that Wheaton should receive a significant portion of our combined IRAs. Knowing that future students will benefit from the excellent education that I received is a great feeling.”

Learn how you can give for the future right now. Call the Office of Gift Planning at 508-286-3459, or visit online at wheatoncollege.edu/gift-planning.