Alexey Bulanov ’97

Job title: Purchasing director at LG Electronics Russia & CIS, overseeing and managing the multimillion-dollar company’s direct and indirect purchasing activities.

Impact: “Working for a global company, there are lots of opportunities for international travel. I meet with great colleagues from various corners of the world. Listening, understanding and negotiating through compromise, respecting each other’s interests, and always keeping dialogue open are essential to working for a truly global company that employs 82,000 people in 82 countries. Only global synergetic effort allows our company to achieve business targets, leaving no room for confrontation and arguments. We learn about each other’s cultural specifics and business environments to work together to solve complex issues.”

Wheaton’s role: “Wheaton’s formal academic education and diverse international community provided me with the skills and knowledge to work in a dynamic business environment. Wheaton connections allowed me to get my postgraduate education (a master’s degree in international business) and to get my first job with an international company in Russia.”