Newsmakers: Stacey Linnartz ’95

Stacey Linnartz '95Since graduating from Wheaton in 1995, Stacey Linnartz has immersed herself in the New York theatre scene, building a career as an actor, acting coach and budding playwright. While her first love is live theatre, Linnartz also enjoys working in television. Last winter, she appeared in a co-star spot on Gossip Girl, the hit teen drama on the CW network. “I played—of all things—a reporter for a gossip magazine,” she says. “Before that, I played a book author on ‘As the World Turns,’ and I also did a guest spot on ‘Rescue Me.’” In 2008 Linnartz received an M.F.A. in acting from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. She later played the role of Stella in Tennessee Williams’s A Streetcar Named Desire in summer stock at the New Harmony Theatre in New Harmony, Ind. This summer, she is appearing in Wendy Beckett’s Off-Broadway play, Modotti, “a beautiful piece about the convergence of politics and art in early-20th-century Mexico.”

Stacey Linnartz '95Linnartz is also refining her own play, Nothing Like Here, in a production at Studio Tisch. “As a theatre/dramatic literature major at Wheaton,” she says, “I had the opportunity not only to act, but to flex my muscles as a director and storyteller.” Encouraged by Professor of Theatre David Fox, Linnartz directed two Wheaton productions in her senior year. “I am so grateful for my liberal arts education,” she says. “My exposure to many disciplines has enriched my life as an artist. My time at Wheaton taught me always to be curious and ask questions, and this sensibility has been the cornerstone of my artistic and professional pursuits.”