Activities? Synchronized swimming team, Admissions intern, campus center assistant
Why Wheaton? The thing I like most about Wheaton is the level of commitment and investment Wheaton has for each student’s individual success and growth. I have taken full advantage of the resources available for students to enhance their experience at Wheaton beyond the classroom. The Filene Center is one of Wheaton’s best on-campus resources. With their help I have built up my resume with three internships and an independent research investigation. One of these internships has even led to further professional development opportunities beyond Wheaton.
Favorite class? Environmental Conflict Resolution taught by the late Professor Murphy. This class included an internship through which I was able to experience how the different theories of Dispute Resolution translated into reality when interests are brought to the negotiation table. Professor Murphy devoted himself to every student and saw the potential in each of us. He created a learning environment where we were all able to realize our potential.
More about synchronized swimming:
- I was Athletic Mentor my sophomore year, Collegiate National Representative for my sophomore and junior year and Captain my junior and senior year.
- I have competed in Solo, Trio and Team every year, made it to finals in Collegiate Nationals, became All-Academic, All-Collegiate, and Scholar Athlete multiple times.
- Every year since I was a freshman, my family has hosted my whole team back in the tropical weather of Puerto Rico for a week of winter training sometime in January.
- I was a member of Puerto Rico’s National Synchronized Swimming Team from 2000-2006 where I competed internationally all over the Caribbean, U.S. and Canada.
- I was selected for Puerto Rico’s National Synchronized Swimming Team for the Central American Games to be held in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico in June.