Finding Streaming Videos
Access Wheaton's STREAMING VIDEO collections [available 24/7 on or off campus]
Streaming video titles are included in the HELIN catalog, but will not appear in the Browsing Wheaton Films and Videos options.
BROWSE the HELIN catalog for Films on Demand streaming videos by title.
BROWSE the HELIN catalog for VAST streaming videos by title.
To find streaming videos by keyword in the HELIN catalog:
- enter key words
- limit collection by location [change "view entire collection" to Wheaton College]
- "modify search" and select material type "online video"
- hit submit
- for example, this search found anthropology streaming videos
Other tips for VAST Academic Video Online:
- Browsers of choice are Firefox 3.0 or higher or Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher.
- You must have Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher installed to access audio and video resources.
- Mobile devices supported include the iPhone and iPad on a 3G network or better or a mobile device with Android OS.
- For off campus access, the recommended method is through the Library Database List/Videos, then log in using your name and library barcode.
Other tips for Films on Demand Master Academic Collection:
- You must have Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher installed to access audio and video resources.
- View a tutorial.
- For more documentation, select the Help Center in Films on Demand.
- Mobile devices supported include the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, Android devices if Flash is utilized for playback, and the Kindle Fire if users manually enable Flash before viewing on demand videos.