Summer Internship Opportunity
Posted on March 7, 2013
Community Resource Exchange
Program Assistant - Internship (Summer 2013)
Community Resource Exchange (CRE) is a nonprofit consulting firm that helps New York City’s nonprofit organizations become stronger and more effective in fighting poverty and advancing social justice. We advise our clients in all areas of nonprofit management including fundraising, board development, financial management, planning, administration, personnel, marketing, leadership, and everyday problem solving.
Our hallmark is one-to-one guidance and training. We boast a unified, committed staff of consultants who have a wealth of experience in nonprofit management and a shared commitment to community change. Through our Consulting Practice, we empower programmatic success by targeting critical organizational needs and fostering relationships with community leaders.
CRE is seeking to recruit a graduate student or a rising junior or senior college student for a summer internship. The applicant for this position should have a specific interest in learning about management and capacity-building for nonprofit organizations. As a part of this learning experience, the intern will support CRE’s Consulting Team, assisting with client work as well as providing administrative and project support. The intern will be responsible for research, writing, data analysis, notes development, and client communication. The intern may also be asked to support various internal agency processes and operations, including, but not limited to: data entry, project/contract management, as well as knowledge and performance management systems support.
In all, interns stand to gain substantial exposure across a breadth of nonprofit management issues including board training, strategic planning, fundraising, human resources planning, financial management, and more.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Graduate student OR rising Junior or Senior college student;
- Organized, consistently accurate and attentive to details;
- Superior research, writing, and communication skills;
- Proficient in Google Apps and Microsoft Office 2010 (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of Publisher and Acrobat a plus;
- Superior interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines (comfortable trouble-shooting and problem solving);
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Experience working and/or volunteering in the nonprofit sector;
- Interest in the nonprofit sector or in pursuing an advanced degree in public administration or related field; and
- Willing to travel within the five boroughs of New York City.
Although this is an unpaid internship, the intern will be reimbursed for travel and lunch, as well as any other out-of-pocket expenses. Preferably, the intern should be available 4 days per week, for 25-30 hours per week. The internship would last 10-12 weeks.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would want to intern at CRE and what you hope to learn from this experience. Please submit your applications to the email address below. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until May 3, 2013.
Anna Gorman, Executive Assistant; firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
For more information, please visit our website: www.crenyc.org.