Wednesday night parking ban begins at 9 p.m. due to storm
Posted on February 12, 2014
Weather forecasters are predicting yet another winter storm for the New England region, arriving Thursday morning and continuing through Friday morning. The storm is expected to bring a mix of snow and rain, accompanied by strong winds.
To enable clearing campus roads, paths and parking lots as quickly as possible, the college is instituting its snow removal plan effective at 9 p.m. tonight, Wed., Feb. 12, 2014.
Students should make sure that vehicles are parked in one of the following lots:
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office
All vehicles should be moved from all other parking lots no later than 9 p.m. tonight.
The lots that are being closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of Clark Recreation Center and Nursery School)
- Lot 2 (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main Street, opposite YMCA)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8 (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
- Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7&9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots, no later than 9 p.m.
Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers emergency snow removal efforts, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owners expense.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or 508-285-5051.