Notice: Parking restrictions starting Saturday 2/15 at 5 p.m. for snow removal
Posted on February 15, 2013
Good afternoon. While we enjoy the sun today, the college's grounds crew is preparing for a snow storm expected to arrive on Saturday evening and leave us with an additional 3 to 6 inches of snow. This is no blizzard, but it will require plowing, snow blowing and shoveling.
As a result, the college will institute its campus snow removal plan at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16, to facilitate the clearing of campus roads, paths and parking lots as quickly as possible.
To make this happen, student vehicles should be parked in one of the following lots:
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium.
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office. (Consult the campus map to identify the numbered lots.)
All vehicles should be moved from all other parking lots no later than 5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16. The lots that are being closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of Clark Recreation Center and Nursery School)
- Lot 2 West Section (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main St. opposite YMCA)
- Lot 6 (Faculty/Staff lot behind Balfour-Hood Center and adjacent to Science Center)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8 (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot to Lot 8 Bookstore Lot
- Students residing in Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7&9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue are instructed to remove their vehicles from those dorms and relocate them to Lot #3 (Pine Street Lot) no later than 5:00 p.m.
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the college's four open parking lots, no later than 5:00 p.m.
Any vehicle remaining, or not relocated per these instructions, that hampers emergency snow removal efforts may to towed to an off campus location, at the owners expense.