Commencement Reunion

Barbara Jensky Kovenski '67

Posted on May 23, 2012

Honorary Doctor of Science

MS. KOVENSKY:

I would like to thank President Crutcher and the Board of Trustees for bestowing upon me this great honor. I would also like to thank my family, who traveled en mass from Toronto to be with me here today.

I would also like to thank the Class of 2012 and their families for affording me this opportunity to address you. You have been given a wonderful education at Wheaton. Now is the time to venture forth into the world and use it as a tool to achieve your life's goals.

I want you to avail yourself of every opportunity and don't be intimidated by any obstacle that you encounter along the way. Don't be afraid to be creative and innovative in your chosen field. And always maintain the strength of your convictions, regardless—and I say regardless—of the opinions of others.

Look at change as a challenge rather than a threat, and trust your own judgment and ability…. I wish you all the best luck in your future endeavors. Now go forward and change the world and make it a better place for all of us. Good luck.