Evaluating & Negotiating Your Job Offer
There are many factors, not just salary, that contribute to the value of a job offer. Take the time to analyze whether a job offer meets your criteria and if it is a good fit for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a Career Advisor (508-286-8215) to discuss the terms of your offer.
You may also want to utilize the following web resources:
- Advice for "talking about money" and evaluating a job offer from Northeastern University Career Services
- Negotiating Salary from Career Services @ Virginia Tech
Research salaries in your prospective field:
- QuintCareers.com – a great collection of the best and free job offer, salary information, and salary negotiation resources for job seekers.
- NACE Salary Survey – quarterly undergraduate and graduate salary information provided by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Salary.com – salary searches yield base pay, salary ranges, and total compensation packages. For a fee you can also purchase their Personal Salary Report.
- Simplyhired.com – use the Simply Salary calculator to see how your current income stacks up against the salaries of those in the same profession, both locally and nationally.
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics – the BLS publishes information on wages, earnings and benefits of workers usually categorized by geographic region, occupation or industry.
- Vault.com – get “insider” information to salary and benefits.