Each resident should take about 15 minutes to fill out the Room Condition Form for your assigned room. Note: To access this Google Form, you’ll need to provide your Wheaton wID and email password.
Rooms are checked prior to your arrival so that they are clean, have the proper furniture, and things are in good working order.
When you move out of the room, we will again inspect rooms. You are responsible for items that are missing or damaged while you lived in the room. We will use this Room Condition Form as a tool so we do not charge you for anything that you did not do. The Room Condition Form is your opportunity to identify items these items. Without submitting a form, you will not be permitted to contest damages.
Note this is NOT A WORK ORDER. A Work Order must be submitted for Items that are missing or need to be fixed.
Some Helpful Tips
- The Room Condition Form is due 48 hours after the first day of classes (in the case of a mid-semester room change, 48 hours after the date the move is complete).
- This is what we use at the end of the year to charge for damages so it is very important you note any issues like holes or scratches in things, missing or broken furniture, or any other issue with your room. We don’t want you to be charged for any issue that you didn’t cause.
- Pay special attention to your window screens. Each room should have them and you are responsible for them.
- If you do not complete this form you will not be able to contest any damage charges related to your room at the end of the year. So remember that this form is to protect you and it is in your best interest to fill it out quickly and accurately.
- Don’t forget that you can always find your RA or AC if you have any questions.