Christopher “Chris” Paquet ’03
Alumni Association Board of Directors
Alumni volunteer history:
- Tri–State Regional Wheaton Club Co-President, 2010-14
- Filene Center Career Partner, 2011-Current
- Sophomore Symposium 2010 and 2011
- Admissions Office Ambassador 2006-2014
Christopher Paquet is the Acting Commissioner for the New York City Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response (OEPR) for The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
During emergencies, Chris serves as a member of New York City’s Incident Command System, in this role he works closely with City leadership to respond to a wide array of emergencies, H1N1, Ricin, Hurricane Sandy and most recently, Ebola. In 2012-2013, Chris was honored by New York City with an award for managerial leadership designed to recognize a particular Assistant Commissioner or Program/Bureau Director for exceptional management under difficult and/or adverse circumstances.
When not activated, Chris collaborates across other divisions and city agencies to better our ability to respond to biological, natural, and man-made disasters. In 2012-2013, Chris directed the Policy and Strategic Initiatives Unit, which works to identify innovative solutions to today’s ever changing preparedness and response challenges. Lastly, Chris continues to play a pivotal role in shaping policy efforts at all levels of government.
- Deputy Director, New York City DOHMH, Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response 2012-Present
- Acting Executive Director, New York City DOHMH, Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response 2011-12
- Intra-Agency Director and Incident Command System Liaison Officer, New York City DOHMH, Bureau of Emergency Management, 2008-2011
- Management Consultant, Flanagan Consultants LLC, 2006-08
- Program Manager for Disaster Preparation and Trauma Mitigation, World Cares Center, 2005-06
- Consultant, African Council for Sustainable Health Development, 2004-2005
- B.A. Wheaton College, 2003 Major: Political Science Minor: Pre Law
- M.P.A. in Management and Policy, New York University, 2005
- Wheaton: Young Alumnae/i Achievement Award, 2013
- Managerial Leadership Award, City of New York, 2012
- A-Team Award, City of New York, 2012 and 2013
- Wheaton: Ruth Capers McKay Award, 2002