The Discover@Wheaton pre-college summer programs will be offered virtually this year due to the ongoing global impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19). While we will miss seeing students on campus this summer, we will offer an exciting, educational, and socially engaging experience online.
Get a preview of college life and beyond!
Learn about majors, academic expectations, and connecting college to careers.
The BLAST (Building Life and Academic Skills for Teens) program is an intensive one-week summer experience that will allow you to get a preview of college life, learn about the higher education admissions process, connect college to career-readiness, and have fun in a small, supportive community setting. BLAST participants get to study on the picturesque campus of Wheaton College.
Eligibility: High school rising juniors and seniors
Over the course of one week, students enrolled in the BLAST program develop college readiness skills and begin discovering career options. Campus partners including staff and faculty lead workshops tailored for students to explore the opportunities available with the liberal arts as a foundation.
- Increased self-awareness and clarification of your goals
- Increased understanding of college life, application processes, etc.
- Preparation for college success and career exploration
- Fun in a supportive community!
Workshops by Wheaton Faculty & Staff include:
- Writing effective college essays
- Money management for college students
- Professional and dining etiquette
- Public speaking
- Resume writing
- Managing your personal brand
…and many more!
For more information, contact: