InterMedia Arts Group Innovation Network
The IMAGINE project provides opportunities for integrating technology into the arts at Wheaton, with a network of high-tech and traditional creative hubs across campus and opportunities for student-faculty collaboration.
Selected Facilities and Resources
IMAGINE encompasses over a dozen creative spaces on campus. A few of our newest arrivals include:
- Lab 213: Wheaton’s Makerspace
- 3d printers
- Laser cutter / engraver
- 5-axis milling machine
- Electronics and wearable computing
- HATCH: Digital classroom, virtual reality lab
- Oculus Rift VR gear
- Tobii eye tracking technology
- Watson 138: Fiberspace
- Digital Jacquard loom
Opportunities for Students and Faculty
IMAGINE also provides funding for course development and student/faculty collaboration across the arts and sciences:
- Makerspace Mobile Museum Submission Form: opportunity for students to display projects made in an IMAGINE network facility around the Wheaton campus
- Student/Faculty Special Interest Groups: Students collaborate with faculty on a project that bridges the arts and sciences. Funding available for school-year or summer work.
- Faculty Course Development and Transformation Awards
- Faculty Course Replacement Awards
(Humanities, Arts and Technology Creative Hub)
Located in Meneely; houses virtual and augmented reality devices, Oculus Rift VR gear and Tobii eye tracking technology, as well as two 85-inch LED monitors.
Located in two rooms of the Science Center, known as Wheaton’s central makerspace. It houses a laser cutter and engraver; two 3-D printers; a 3-D scanner; a scanning design computer; and more. The adjacent Machine Shop features additional equipment.
Now located in Watson Fine Arts, this space houses the newest piece of maker equipment—a 30-inch programmable Jacquard loom capable of analog weaving custom textiles from digital inputs.
Kresge Experimental Theatre—Multimedia performance venue
Sculpture studio—Woodworking, metalworking, ceramics and more
Graphic design lab—Digital arts and video resources
Ellison Dance Studio—Teaching and rehearsal space for dance and performing arts
WCCS radio station and recording studio—Student-run recording studio