All faculty should be aware of the functions of the many faculty committees, both to appreciate the scope and reach of faculty involvement in the workings of the college and to learn of the resources available to the faculty and their students.
There are ten standing committees of the faculty, and they are, in the order of their election:
- Tenure Committee
- Provost’s Advisory Committee
- Committee on Committees and Agenda
- The Advisory Committee
- Committee on Educational Policy
- Committee on Appeals and Hearing
- Committee on Academic Standing
- Committee on Faculty Scholarships and Promotions
- Faculty Workload and Economic Status
- Library, Technology, and Learning Committee
The Annual Reports of the individual committees may be found by clicking the links above.
The rules for the election of committee members and the charges to the committees can be found in the Section VIII of Faculty Legislation. The Committee on Committees and Agenda (COCA) not only runs these elections but also makes the following information easily accessible from this site: current committee memberships, rules governing elections, upcoming committee vacancies, etc. Please consult the COCA site for a full accounting of Wheaton’s committee structures.
The Educational Policy Committee will maintain its own website as a rich resource for its workings. A detailed list of its many subcommittees and their functions, minutes of its meetings, and compilations of its policies will be available when the site goes live in the spring.
Outside of the formal structures of the twelve standing committees, there are various ad hoc faculty committees.
- Committee Membership 2017-2018
- Committee Membership 2016-2017
- Committee Membership 2015-2016
- Department Chairs 2017-2018
- Department Chairs 2016-2017
- Department Chairs 2015-2016
- Program Coor. 2017-2018
- Program Coor. 2016-2017
- Program Coor. 2015-2016
- Subcommittees of the Educational Policy Comm. 2015-2016
- Subcommittees of the Educational Policy Comm. 2014-2015