We are currently hiring for fall semester for the following position:
Access Services Assistant 1
Under the supervision of the Access Services staff, the Access Services Assistant 1 provides front-line circulation, public services and reserve services to library patrons.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Self-motivated, dependable, enthusiastic, takes initiative, and interested in the work being done.
- Positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides front-line support for library services. The student responds to informational, directional and library policy questions.
- Adheres to policies and laws regarding confidentially of patron records.
- Assists patrons with use of the library web sites and the online catalog, helps patrons to locate resources in all formats, and makes referrals as needed.
- Follows daily startup procedures in the library. Monitors the facilities, all library service points, and the handicapped entrance..
- Follows safety and security procedures of the library.
- Reports any equipment issues to staff.
- Records requests of service related issues.
- Checks circulating materials in and out using the library system. Assists staff with processing course reserves and interlibrary loan.
- Provides access to collaboration rooms.
- Shelves and maintains Library Collection, adhering to the Library of Congress classification system.
- Understands emergency procedures and reporting; performs as necessary.
- Answers and directs phone calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.