Interested in a few best practices for managing your digital scholarship? View these short tutorials.
Training Sessions are offered periodically and upon request. Below are the currently available training opportunities and video tutorials.
- RIM Basics: Information and Data Classifications. This video tutorial provides an overview of record classifications laid out in the Administrative Information Governance Policy created by the Information Oversight Committee (IOC).
- RIM Basics: Information and Data Roles and Guidelines. This video tutorial provides an overview of the four different roles for managing the record classifications outline in Information and Data Classifications as well as guiding principles for managing all classes of records.
- Intro to Records and Information Management at Wheaton College (pdf): An introduction to RIM and the records survey process.
- Records and Information Management: Using the Records Schedule to Organize Your Records (pdf): How to apply the records schedule to your records.
- Records and Information Management: Organizing Your Paper Files (pdf): Guidelines and advice about filing paper records according to the records schedule.
- Managing Electronic Records: Organizing the Shared Drive and File Naming Conventions (pdf): Guidelines and advice about managing electronic records according to the records schedule and how to name files in a meaningful way.
- Records and Information Management: Email (pdf): Guidelines and advice about managing email records and how to set up your email to work efficiently.
Additional Presentations and Tutorials
- Confidentiality and Security: Why Should I Care…about my personal information (All-Staff Meeting, October 14, 2008)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Tutorial
- Federal Trade Commission: Protecting Personal Information