Welcome to the Madeleine Clark Wallace Library!
Hi! I’m Megan Brooks, Dean of Library Services, and I want to welcome you to Wallace Library.
Our mission is to connect the Wheaton community to a world of ideas and information, creating an environment for self-exploration and boundless learning.
We offer the Wheaton College community a fabulous library and teaching/learning facility in the heart of campus with talented staff who delight in partnering with students, faculty and staff on academic and intellectual activities.
By phone at 508-286-8224
Via our staff directory
Community College of Rhode Island, Johnson and Wales University, Providence College, Rhode Island College, Roger Williams University, Salve Regina University and Wheaton College
HELIN Library Catalog
The merged catalog of HELIN member libraries
Wheaton is a member of the Oberlin Group, a consortium of liberal arts college libraries. Members work on issues of common concern, share best practices in library operations and services, and anticipate and adapt to the challenges of college library administration and liberal arts education.
Wheaton is a member of CLAC, the Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges. CLAC members partner to explore the use of information technology in the context of liberal education.
Top Ten Things to Know About Your Library
10. Did you know the library has six levels? Explore them all to find fantastic resources and spaces!
9. Your Wheaton ID card is your library card. Use it to check out books, DVDs and other materials from the library.
8. The Library is open 114 hours a week. During Night Owl (the last two weeks of the semester), we’re open 24/7!
6. If you need study space, there are many quiet places in the library. If you are working on a group project, reserve a collaboration room – many of them have flat screen TVs that you can connect to your laptop.
5. Need tech help? The IT Support staff are located on the Periodicals Level, and they’re eager to answer your questions.
4. The library has three entrances: the main entrance facing the Dimple, the accessible Periodicals Level entrance, diagonally across from the Mars Center for Science and Technology, and one in the stacks that connects to the Science Center and the Davis Cafe.
3. Access over 185,000 ebooks, 77,000 journals and newspapers, 81,000 streaming videos, and 100 research databases 24/7 from anywhere! Plus we have thousands of print books and DVDs, and rare books and archival material, too. Just search in the library catalog to find all this and more.
2. Can’t find the resource you need? Request books from libraries in the HELIN consortium right from inside the library catalog or have our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) department order books and journal articles for you from other libraries worldwide.
1. Need help with your research or technology project? Contact our library liaisons who are happy to work with you on your research-based or tech-driven assignments. Visit them during their office hours, or make an appointment.