Successful career planning is a process. It includes a great deal of self-reflection, an understanding of your liberal arts education, and strong job search tools and skills. Remember to start early, securing an internship or job requires a great deal of advance planning! The list below will provide you with some initial steps for securing an internship, summer job, or full-time job after graduation.
- Connect with an academic or career advisor to discuss your interests and options.
- Create or update your résumé, featuring experiences and academic training related to your career interests.
- Search opportunities found on the suggested job search databases.
- Conduct informational interviews with Filene Center Alumnae/i Volunteers to learn more about specific jobs and organizational cultures.
- Work with a Career Services Advisor to identify relevant opportunities and create necessary application materials, such as résumés and cover letters.
- If you’re applying for an unpaid internship, compete for a summer fellowship.
- If you’re a senior, don’t forget to visit Alumni Career Services, where you can connect with 15,000 alums worldwide and with over 800,000 job opportunities.
Going Global has country-specific career and employment resources for more than 80 locations.