As a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, or queer student or alumna, you may find the resources on this page useful as you navigate workplace or internship settings. The links are a starting point for enhancing knowledge, anticipating challenges, and learning from the experiences that others share.
Some of the Filene Center Career Advisors are specifically Safe Zone trained and all the advisors have experience guiding LGBTQA students through career exploration and the job search process. It is important for you to have the resources necessary to make strategic decisions about your work and your life.
Helpful Resources & Links
- America’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce (LGBT owned & friendly businesses)
- LGBTQA Job Search & Workplace Advice – job search and workplace tips for specific consideration by LGBTQ students and alumni.
- The Audre Lorde Project – ALP is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non Conforming People of Color center for community organizing, focusing on the New York City area.
- GLAD (legal rights organization)
- Wheaton’s LGBTQ Alliance – A club for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and otherwise queer students and their allies to socialize, organize, and make their voices heard
- Human Rights Campaign – The largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans
- Lambda Legal – A national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
- Out & Equal – National organization devoted to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community in the workplace.
- Out For Work – An organization that supports the development, evaluation, initiation and implementation of career plans and opportunities of LGBT students.
- Pro Gay Jobs – An organization dedicated exclusively to the employment needs of the LGBT professional workforce.
- Simplyhired (GLBT friendly search)
- The Trevor Project (Crisis intervention for LGBTQ youth)