Our social identities affect how we navigate the job and internship search in a number of ways. From assessing workplace culture to being aware of hiring bias and illegal interview questions, it can be helpful to consult resources tailored to the identities we hold. Below are a sample of helpful job and internship search resources for different student populations.
Resources by population:
- African-American/Black Students
- Asian-American Students
- International Students
- Latina/o Students
- LGBTQIA Students
- Students with Disabilities
A collection of more general resources:
- BestDiversityEmployers – a source of diverse career opportunities
- DiversityIncCareers – provides education and clarity on the business benefits of diversity.
- Diversity and Inclusion – a collection of articles and resources brought to you by Monster.
- Diversity Job-Seeker Career, Employment, Job Resources – Quintessential Careers highlights the best career and job sites geared especially for women and minorities.
- Equal Opportunity Publications – career information for minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
- Funding – scholarship, fellowship & grant opportunities
- IMDiversity Career Center – one-stop career and self-development site devoted to serving the cultural and career-related needs of all minorities.
- Nemnet Minority Recruitment
- UNCF Special Programs Corporation
- Workplace Diversity – central job search web site for Corporate recruiters who want to make a good faith effort to reach experienced diversity talent.