Join the Wheaton Edge Career Readiness Program
- Opt into the Career Readiness Program by November 11, 2018
- Complete a series of career education “milestones” between now and April 30th, 2019
- If you do not secure a paid internship, you may receive a Wheaton Edge Fellowship. They must secure an unpaid summer internship, volunteer, or research opportunity by April 30th, 2019.
Opt into the program
To manage and track your completion of the milestones we are using a platform called CareerPath. We have created accounts for each eligible member of the class of 2020 and 2021 in the CareerPath system and now we need you to log in and opt into the program so we know you are a participant in the Wheaton Edge Career Readiness Program.
To log into CareerPath
- Click the following link to be redirected to a Wheaton College CAS login page for CareerPath: https://connect.careerpathmobile.com/sso/cas.php/60cf260
- Log in with your Wheaton College ID and password. You will be redirected to your account’s Dashboard on the CareerPath platform.
To opt into the Wheaton Edge Career Readiness Program (by November 11th, 2018)
- On your Dashboard, under My Timeline, you should see “Wheaton Edge +.” Click the + symbol to expand the list of milestones assigned to you.
- Click the “Opt into Junior Summer Stipend Program” to expand more information about this milestone.
- Click the “Mark as complete” button. You are opted in!
This milestone is set to automatically approve when you mark it as complete. Most others will require approval by a system administrator—one of the Career Services staff—before they are considered complete.
CareerPath also offers an Apple and an Android app, called CareerPath ® and available from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, respectively. From either version of the app, select Wheaton College as your college and follow the above instructions to log in.
Complete a series of milestones
Opting in is just the first milestone you’ll need to complete. We are also asking that before you access your Junior Summer Stipend, you complete the following milestones by April 30th, 2019:
Attend a Wheaton Edge Career Readiness Program Information Session
- Meet with a Career Advisor
- Complete your Resume
- Complete your Resume Reflection
- Write a Cover Letter
- Create a LinkedIn Profile
- Complete your LinkedIn Reflection
Instructions on how to satisfactorily complete each milestone and the process for approval is available within the CareerPath platform by expanding each milestone to see more information. Dates of the Wheaton Edge Career Readiness Program Information Session will be determined and advertised to students who have opted in by the November 1st deadline.
Secure a paid or unpaid summer internship, volunteer, or research opportunity
All of the milestones listed above are intended to help you apply and be selected for a summer experience. The search process—researching industries and organizations, networking, perfecting your job search materials, and applying to positions—should begin now. In order to access your Wheaton Edge Fellowship, you must have an offer in hand by April 30th, 2019. More details about accessing the Fellowship and internship requirements will be made available at the Wheaton Edge Career Readiness Program Information Sessions to students who have opted into the program.
We are excited to be able to offer you these resources as you prepare for one of the most critical steps in your career journey: the summer before your senior year. This summer opportunity should be one that gives you skills and experiences relevant to your postgraduate career goals. Choose thoughtfully and intentionally. We look forward to working with you over the course of the year as you complete your career milestones and work toward professional success.