Welcome Back Class of 2021 to Begin Your Sophomore Year Experience!
Your sophomore year will present you with opportunities, insight, and knowledge to make important decisions in the near future:
- Is study abroad right for me or are there alternatives, like Faculty Led Programs?
- What is involved with declaring a major?
- How do I apply for funding for unpaid internships or find paid internships?
- How can I balance an on campus job, more demanding academics and things I like to do like varsity sports or playing in a band?
- How do I know that I am on track for graduation?
All of these questions and more can be answered by the Wheaton community. The key is for you to be engaged with someone or some aspect of Wheaton: academics, sports, clubs, activities, music, dance, theatre, social and civic engagement…and even housing, the list goes on and on! Your SYE team is here for you! Meet your Sophomore Peer Mentor at the Meet and Greet Event before you leave for the summer and connect on Facebook over the summer. When you get back, email a professor who teaches in an area you are interested in and visit them during their office hours. Visit Career Services in the Filene Center to apply for Winter or Summer internships, get started on resumes and cover letters, connect with The Center for Global Education to research study abroad opportunities.
We are here to connect with you!
- Academic Advising
- Dean’s Interns
- Sophomore Peer Mentors