Science Center 1308 (office)<br/>Science Center 1340 (lab)
- US-Egypt Junior Scientist Grant, Arab Republic of Egypt, 2012
- Fulbright Scholar, Republic of India, 2011
- Marion and Jasper Whiting Fellowship, 2010
Ph.D., University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
B.S., University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Machine Learning
- Time Series/Medical Data Mining
- Cognitive Robotics
- Grammatical Inference/Language Acquisition
- Unsupervised Discovery of Phoneme Boundaries in Multi-Speaker Continuous Speech, with S. Antetomaso. In the Proceedings of the Joint IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning and on Epigenetic Robotics, 2011.
- Classification of Patients Using Novel Multivariate Time Series Representations of Physiological Data, P. Ordóñez, T. Oates, and J. Fackler. In the Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Machine Learning Applications, 2011.
- Unsupervised Discovery of Motifs Under Amplitude Scaling and Shifting in Time Series Databases, with E. Drewniak. In the Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition, 2011.
- An Architecture for Bootstrapping Lexical Semantics and Grammatical Structures, with T. Oates. In the Proceedings of the IEEE International Conferences on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology Workshop on Learning, Agents and Formal Languages, 2011.
- Classification of Multivariate Vital Signs Data Using Stacked Bags-of-Patterns, with P. Ordóñez, T. Oates, and J. Fackler. Extended abstract to appear in a Special Issue of Journal of Critical Care – Meaningful Use of Complex Medical Data Symposium, 2011.
- Robotics and Intelligent Systems for Social and Behavioral Science Undergraduates. In the Proceedings of the 15th Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education, 2010.
- Connecting Across Campus, with M. LeBlanc and M. Gousie. In the Proceedings of the 41st ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, 2010.
- Eric Drewniak. Unsupervised Discovery of Motifs with Amplitude Shifting and Scaling. Poster and oral presentation at the 41st ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education
– SIGCSE Student Research Competition – Second Place.
– ACM Student Research Competition Grand Finals – Third Place.
- Stephanie Antetomaso. Unsupervised Phoneme Segmentation in Continuous Speech. Poster presentation at the 16th Annual Conference of the Northeast Region of the Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges. Poster presentation at the 2011 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference.
– Northeast Computer Science Student Poster Competition – Second Place.
– Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Student Research Competition – First Place.